Monday, June 13, 2011

How Twitter Saved The Dad's Life

I have been thinking of ways to commit murder.  (My favorite was suggested to me by my former boss, which involved hooking someone's c-pap machine up to the car exhaust.)  I have been so aggravated with The Dad and his attitude that really, a good stabbing did come to mind on more than one occasion.


But today I got a reminder of why I shouldn't kill him.  @SeagullFountain and I were having a twitter convo about Nora Roberts.  I asked her if she had read the latest book and she hadn't; she is smartly waiting for the paperback version.  I told her that The Dad always buys me Nora Roberts books when he sees a new one because he remember that is something I enjoy.  @SeagullFountain told me that what The Dad did was sweet.  Whoa!

That made me think of how he took us to the Hill Air Force Base museum and carefully explained how jet engines work.  How he spent Thursday in the mall (even pretending to be in the bathroom when he was actually in Kay Jewelers buying me an anniversary present.)  How he apologized 100 times that our anniversary didn't work out right.  How he pretended not to be freaked out when I watched the America's Next Top Model marathon.  I could go on.....

Sometimes, when we are looking at our lives and seeing only ugly, we need someone to show us we have a few blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment